Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
I have covered what "I Believe", now I will try to explain some of why.
I am a "student" of history, maybe a "fan" would be a better term. Growing up I watched the sacrifice of a single mother and felt the sting of an absentee father, watched the "growth"of the 80's, and the progression of modern politics. Nixon was President the day I was born. Soon to follow were Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, W. Bush, and now Obama. I loved education, it was breath to my mind. History and mathematics were the subjects I looked forward to the most. This put me on a path to meet many great teachers, in particular "history" teachers. I wanted to become a teacher, until I "worked" in a school. I saw first hand the bias and absurdity that can be fostered in the public school system. It was at that point I started aggressive "self-education." There have been many lessons learned the hard way, and many learned the wrong way. Here in my mid thirties I have found that breath again. Striving to learn about how history applies to today. As I discover and attempt to understand the writings of Mises (Rothbard in particular), the Cato Institute, more books these past 24 months then I care to write, conversations with friends, blogging from:
-And Many More (Dailies listed on blogroll)
I feel that breath building in me again. For that I say thank you all who read this, and all who write so I can read. That breath is giving me a vigor to educate my children, and having this support for that is indispensable. Seeing the equation of liberty for the individual, equaling success for the community. I am finding my way again, and in what I believe is a positive manner. Our world is constantly changing, and I know "we can never go back." However we can move forward, and remain true to parts of the past we admire, improving the areas we do not. As we look to "the coming" storm (?) look to your friends, build a network. Start building a "community" and the bigger picture should start to develop. I personally feel that all laws I have not expressly agreed to do not apply to me, save the "golden rule." I will choose day by day what to follow, and what to ignore. But will always believe what I believe.
pro libertate eos occubuisse,
Thursday, November 13, 2008
****** Area *** **** Journal
I really wish this would have been presented in time for me to at least respond to some of your concerns. I am a local resident trying to start a business and provide a service for the community in which I live, nothing more. Without advertising that will be an even tougher accomplishment. I would like to cover a few things upfront:
- I chose a business name that was not hiding the products I sell
- I am approved and licensed by the County, State and Federal Governments to sell and transfer firearms. This is an official “business” not a hobby or personal collection, and is regulated as such with full over sight and approval of the BATFE, and PCSO.
- I rely as much on the First Amendment as you do to make my livelihood. I do that by promoting the Second.
- I fully comply with all regulations and laws in the transactions; I even made sure that was noted on the proposed add.
- “Many newspapers do not advertise for guns”- This is in reference to “classified ads” whose private sales are regulated by very different laws from city to city and state to state. Most newspapers I know of regularly take ads from “Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, and Big 5 Sporting Goods.” All which advertise sell and market firearms and shooting supplies.
- I feel very disappointed that I have lost an entire month of available advertising without any previous indication of a minuet problem in the past 2 plus weeks we have been discussing this.
Please keep me informed of any changes positive or negative to my current issue so I can at least try to consider my options.
I chose to leave the paper unnamed for now, giving them the chance to respond. I find this EXTREMELY poor taste for a "local" paper that relies on local businesses to shun me because I sell firearms. I live in a rural suburban area, complete with ranchers, cowboys and your average gun nut like myself. What really chaps me is that the was NO "concern" listed and no discussion over content of the add. I will post any replies that have have new information.
Friday, November 7, 2008
NO part of them should be used to restrict an individual. They are by design, to RESTRICT the governments they "empower."
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Ladies and gentlemen, keep your powder dry... You may need it.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Stumbled on his blog from the comments here
While he does not yet have a large number of postings I note 2 things:
1. Every blog has to start somewhere
2. This is the kinda cat that has life experience, and philosophy I could absorb like an fn'g sponge.
Check him out here
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing." - Socrates - Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)