Sunday, July 20, 2008

Prime Objective

I have 2 sons, one is almost 9 and the other just turned 5. This is to put in context the foundation of this argument.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."- Optimus Prime


I have said before that the Constitution does NOT grant rights to an individual. Sadly in today’s nanosecond attention span theatre our children are subjected to, examples of honor, loyalty, bravery, freedom and leadership are difficult to cite. My kids love the “Transformers” movie, and it drove me nuts for awhile. As I sit here on Sunday, after our morning movie I can accept this as a positive theme in a movie that my kids will actually watch. With most movies from Hollywood preaching subjectification and compliance it is nice to see any reference to freedom. I will admit my family is a little to “media based” on movies, and TV, but we are making progress. Besides I had to move off such serious mindset ramblings for a while. Vote early, vote often, vote Autobot.

ab absurdum,
Jason

No comments: