Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An Open Letter

Due to the reluctance of the Barr/Root campaign to answer questions, I believe my last option for a chance of explanation is an "open letter". This is my attempt, if you have or know of another let me know, or you can fell free to use mine. Please keep other posted when (if) you get a response from the campaign.


To whom it may concern:
I have watched the campaign of Bob Barr with great interest and an equal amount of concern. When I first looked into Mr. Barr the only information I could find was his current "official" releases, upon looking further I became quite alarmed. His stance(s) on the Lautenberg gun ban, his vote on the "Patriot Act", his support of large government institutions, and his less than libertarian voting record while in office. I understand that many, or even most, of his views have changed. Without explanation of the events that lead to this change however, I personally feel insulted, as if viewing slight of hand trickery. I along with many others feel that we deserve a direct and very public explanation of these, especially when asked directly, such as was the case on http://goodsense-va.blogspot.com/2008/06/questions-for-derek-barr.html
We can all get side stepped, generalized answers that skirt on the fringes and sound bites from any party official or candidate. The reason I look to a “third party” is honesty and directness, I do not feel I am receiving either from the campaign of Mr. Barr and Mr. Root.

Please take this as an open letter, pleading for a reason to believe in the candidate before I can pledge my support.
Jay


Contact Information:
info@bobbarr2008.com
press@bobbarr2008.com
(770) 836-1776 (business hours)
(703) 548-1160 (Audrey Mullen, Advocacy Ink)
bloggers@bobbarr2008.com
(For mail correspondence)
Barr 2008 Presidential Committee
P.O. Box 725007
Atlanta, GA 31139
(678) 384-5745 (Fax)

No comments: