Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Justified Part 3

Secession is a necessity, not an idea

I am impatient by nature, and believe most people in today’s nanosecond instant gratification world are too. We cannot afford to wait anymore for “the big one” to hit various regions of the world. Since I cannot and will not support the extermination of peoples, either indiscriminately or intentional, we have fewer options to exercise. The only ones I see out there are http://www.freestatewyoming.org/ and http://freestateproject.org/ . See this is where impatience comes in. They are taking too long and at best putting a band aid on our hemorrhaging country. The solution as I see it is radical on one hand, yet common sense on the other. Look at the Constitution of the United States, the Confederate States of America, John Locke, and other political theorists, and then throw the “American Experiment” of the present day out the window. We do not need “a line in the sand”; we need several of them, on a map. We need to dissolve our current Empire and create a true Union of States United. Relegating the Federal Branches to their true place, regulating trade, addressing grievances between the States and ensuring that the individual’s rights are not trumped by the States interest. There should be NO federal agencies designed to investigate individual citizens or private groups, only the jurisdictional governments. My friend the Reverend likes to remind me “All government power is still derived, as always from the consent of the governed” We need to revoke the power from the (current) federal government, by any means necessary. I realize that verbalizing this puts instantly into the nutsack community to the average Joe, my question is why? Does this sound crazy because it forces involvement of individuals who govern to the citizens directly? Maybe it is because the excuse of "the bureaucracy is too large to change" goes away? Nah, I bet it still has to do with the idea that any persons who currently rely on the government, would suddenly be forced to eat dog food and would soon die. What did they do for the first 140 years of this country without "welfare programs"? History shows us it won't happen, but that is the story we are told. But, what about the children and their "right" to State mandated education/indoctrination? Well for the first 100+ years there was no institution, then we collected data, and now they mandate. But what about our security? Do you really rely on the state to protect you, if the answer is yes I am sorry for you. If the answer is no, then why do you rely on them for the protection of the state(s). See, removing the federal government will only localize, if desired by the local communities, existing programs and charities to deal with local problems. I am not really against most federal policies other than the fact that they are federal. If a group of citizens in Florida want to enact a law that I in Arizona don't agree with so what, if a federal organization wants to create a law that restricts everyone at the same time, BIG F'N problem. We who want liberty (e.g. Gun Rights, Women's Rights, Gay Rights, drug rights etc..) need to realize it is all the same argument: my life, my rights, my choice. Choose which region you live in and raise your children in based upon the legislation by like minded peoples. The core of the American identity is to band together when the SHTF, for good. This is why we did not dissolve after the Revolution, the war of 1812, the War Between the States, Westen Deveolpment, the Depression, WW1&2, etc.This is one of the few occasions however when our enemies are domestic.

I do not have a crystal ball, or a grand plan of how to get the public motovated. Just an idea and a computer. It has taken less before. If you blog, try to do it more, (I know it can be a pain in the ass somedays) if you don't want to write online, write your local papers, call you local radio stations. At the minimum spread the word, your words, anyway you can.

From "The Patriot"
Charlotte: "You have done nothing to be ashamed of."
Benjamin Martin: "I have done nothing, and for that I am ashamed."

Don't be ashamed, be vocal, be true.
"I am an optimist because I want to change things for the better and I know that blood has to be spilled and disharmony and cruelty are necessary to do that." Henry Rollins


Sic vis pacem para bellum,
Jason
III
Thanks, I feel better now.

No comments: