Saturday, October 11, 2008

Elect Independence

D. Martyn Lloyd-Morgan posts an EXCELLENT read on why the outrage he and others feel towards Barack Obama is justified here. I find it hard to believe that some still claim that contempt for the candidates is being tied to racism or sexism.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - MLK

Content of Character... All four members of the 2 party candidate scheme (and even most if not all of the current "3rd" parties) have shown a drastic lack of content. I cannot and will not support them et al.
I understand those who still cling to the idea of a "lesser of two" evils, and voting that which is to them the lesser "evil." I simply cannot look at my self in the mirror if I was to betray my feelings and "agree" that McCain is the right man for the job. I take only my role as a father and husband more seriously than my role as an American, and it causes me physical pain to see my country hurting. Since I became of voting age the elections have been dubbed the "most important of our time" and the quality of politics has been shown to be the worst.
  • 1992- Bush 41, Clinton, Perot= evil, lying, business tycoon. Each was only 2 out of 3 and that was enough?
  • 1996- Clinton, Dole, 1/2 Perot= Lies, Lies, more Lies by persons now well entrenched in the career of politics. Was that enough?
  • 2000- Gore and Bush 43= This was worse than watching a school student body election and debate cycle. Was that enough?
  • September 11, 2001- Changed the face of the political spectrum for at least 1 generation, the following actions in Afghanistan and Iraq for maybe 2.
  • 2004- Bush 43, Kerry= You have got to be kidding me, this is the best our country has to offer? Sadness starts to set in. Lesser of 2 brains seems to be the new context, the are both evil a naive. Almost enough yet?
  • 2008- McCain, Obama, Barr- I cannot think of a single benefit for having either of these people as "my" president (de-emphasis intentional) and I have had enough.

While I am not ready to dictate the proverbial line in the sand, I am ready to withdraw my consent to be governed. I will choose my path day to day for now. I foresee a rough road a head for all Americans, and I do believe we can persevere. I do not believe we want to. Societies in America have become opposed and polarized on opposite sides of the coin, compromise has made us go backwards. Secession is a viable path to be looking at. The country was created by "consent" of the governed, it can be done again. If people agree with Obama let them have them, same for McCain. If others like a more libertarian, or even communist view there is room for them to. John Edwards said there are 2 Americas, he was almost right in context if not content. I say we go for 50 Americas. States United together in ideals of independence, free from federalist rule. But what do I know, I am just a carpenter who can't get a job swinging a hammer.

Jason

III

No comments: