Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nearing The End

Thanks to the senate, as a Nation we are on our way down.

"An aide in the office of Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., said Wednesday that the senator has received more than 91,000 e-mails, calls and letters regarding the legislation. Ninety-four percent of the authors of those notes were against the bill." (Whole Story)

Nice to know "we the people" and a "government of the people" still mean something.

"Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tried to capture the moment for posterity, calling this breakthrough “one of the finest moments in the history of the Senate. This is the kind of vote we are sent by our people to cast.” (Whole Story)

Who the hell is this cat listening to, not the persons who sent him there. Historical, maybe...Tyrannical, probably...Evil, definitely.


The original bill was just over 100 pages, we are now at over 450. 300+ pages added in 2 days. How many "read" the entire bill? Did the notice the more than $100 Billion earmarks? How many of our leaders are knowledgeable in economics? I don't know the answer to the last question so I will have to rely on logic. If the senate is so much better on economics than I, how come I can survive on a balanced budget, having only 1 income for a family of 4? My budget has a surplus every month, not a lot but it is there. I have had debt, and it gets paid down, their created debts increase by the second.

To my "reprehensibles" in the senate, I despise your existence, you will NEVER receive my good tidings.

Jason

III

No comments: